Bletchley Park G Block.
Welcome to what was once the top-secret home of the World War Two German Enigma Codebreakers. Bletchley Park is a 19th-century mansion and estate that became the principal centre of Allied code-breaking during the second world war. The Enigma machine is an encryption device developed and used in the early- to mid-20th century to protect commercial, diplomatic and military communication. It was employed extensively by Nazi Germany during World War II, in all branches of the German military.
After the war, the Post Office took over the site and used it as a management school, but by 1990 the huts in which the codebreakers worked were being considered for demolition and redevelopment. The Bletchley Park Trust was formed in 1991 to save large portions of the site from developers.
More recently, Bletchley Park has been open to the public and houses interpretive exhibits and rebuilt huts as they would have appeared during their wartime operations. It receives hundreds of thousands of visitors annually The separate National Museum of Computing, which includes a working replica Bombe machine and a rebuilt Colossus computer, is housed in Block H on the site.
What can i say this place is huge. Parts are abandoned and parts are in use and this wasn’t the normal walk in the park. Many of the accessible building are empty but still something good to look at. The less accessible ones store the gems tho and should defiantly not be urbexed with out a mask capable of filtering asbestos. After hunting around for what seem like hours we finally found a way in to a maze of corridors. Te area we found seemed to be a store block used by the museum and by the looks of it noone had been inside for years. led paint that once covered the walls now covered the floors, asbestos everywhere and enough black mould to take out a small army. Anway on to the pictures, Check out that Morse code stamping it could have been used to decode a German Enigma Machine.
All Photos Are Subject To Copyright And Belong To The Photographer.
Tenterden’s Abandoned Railway. The History. The Kent & East Sussex Railway opened in 1900 as England’s first ‘light railway’, serving the rural communities of East Sussex and Kent. Closing to passengers in 1954, the line was saved and reopened by a charitable organisation in 1974. It now operates steam hauled and diesel observation trains on […]
Abandoned Hospital Due to this place being relatively undamaged and graffiti free the name of this hospital or location WILL NOT be shared openly, if you know the location please do not comment as it will be deleted. The History. The Original Origination at the Health Care Centre was founded in 1905 to help […]